Our client is a Specialty Care company with a few key products on the market – and a robust
pipeline. They are growing rapidly – and have created a new role to support this growth. Their
primary focus is the RARE DISEASE space.
Although the role will initially be that of an Individual Contributor, you will coach, mentor and train
two Senior Product Managers. The expected progression of this role will be a promotion to Director
– hopefully with 12-18 months (succession planning as conveyed by the Executive Director).
You will support a product that is well-established in the marketplace – and spearhead/drive US
execution of strategies and tactics (the P&L) – and Sales/Revenue growth. The role will also involve
New Product Planning and Development.
- Lead the development, creation and implementation of branded and unbranded promotional
- Lead large brand level initiatives that span across patient and HCP channels.
- Elevate the team’s understanding of market dynamics and all aspects of HCP and patient
insights. Analyze effectiveness of marketing initiatives and recommend optimizations.
- Gain alignment and implement marketing tactics with the sales force. Ensure effective
- Own various personal-and non-personal promotional plans for HCP and/or consumer-facing
- Participate in the submission, review and approval process for key marketing initiatives
- Liaison with multiple agencies to ensure effective execution
- Assist in the development of the tactical plan
- Collaborate extensively with marketing, the sales force, training department and other
functions to ensure achievement of revenue, market share and budget targets.
- Minimum 6 years commercial pharmaceutical/biotech experience, including 4 years US
- Specialty experience preferred.
- Strong formal presentation development and delivery skills required.
- Experience managing external vendors and effective budget management.
- Demonstrated abilities to prioritize and manage multiple projects and effectively influence,
collaborate and communicate with internal and external partners.
- Ability to communicate and work closely with the following business functions – the Sales
force, Medical, Legal, Regulatory, Finance and multiple agencies.
- Creative and strategic thinking; excellent oral/written communication skills; an analytical
approach to business problem solving; strong project management skills.
- Leadership qualities.
- Superb soft side.
- Outstanding influence skills.
BS/BA required. MBA preferred
Please contact Bill Williams (email@example.com) if you have any interest – OR wish to recommend a Commercial colleague. All searches conducted in a confidential manner.